Monday, November 10, 2008

Achoo!

David and i have both managed to catch a cold at the same time. The kids still seem to think we should be parents and take care of them. Go figure. I seem to be on the mend and also didn't seem to get as bad as David. He has a nasty cough. Cold, or any bug going around, seem to mutate when they hit him. He always seems to get everything worse than the rest of us. Cole seems to have a pretty good cough, but he can get sick and you'd never know. He acts the same as normal. James, so far, hasn't seemed to catch it. Knock on wood he doesn't. I don't need a teething baby with a cold. The teething seems to have slowed though. Still just the 2 on the bottom. I think he is working on more soon though. He needs some uppers to balance out. Saturday night James slept from 9:30 until 7:30! I was amazed. Starting at about 5:30 when i woke and realized i hadn't heard him i checked him about every half hour to make sure he was breathing. He sleeps on the couch. I know, weird. So my mom paranoia got the better of me. I kept thinking a pillow fell on his head. Even though a pillow wasn't even close to him. so i kept tip toeing out there and doing an interesting move to keep from stepping on the creak in the floor. I had to hug the wall. Oh the crazy things we do as parents. Thankfully he breathes loudly and almost snores so didn't have to go to far into the living room to see if he was breathing. He is not a sound sleeper. So i am doing all i can not to wake him. We also have just enough light that comes in from the front outside light that i can just see him. No pillow on his head. I kept checking on him until i heard him wake up. He doesn't cry much now when he wakes, just make those cute baby coos. The sleep was much needed on my part. Sunday night i got my normal 3:30 wake up call. Then fell asleep on the couch forgetting to set my little alarm clock. Over slept about a half hour.

No comments: