Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Madness

Ok, this was last monday but never got it posted.

Monday was just and all around fun day. We all got up and got ready. Cole asked for his teddy bear gummy then went and laid on the couch while I finished getting ready. Then I hear, mommy I throwed up! Oh fun, I thought. All it was was his gummy vitamin. Then he tells me again he’s going to throw up and runs to the bathroom. He makes it to the toilet and I was impressed! He flushed before I got in there but did it again. Wasn’t much. Though maybe the day before was a lot for him and he didn’t eat much. But decided to keep him home anyway and watch him. I loaded us up and took James to grandmas till I saw how Cole did. If he was going to be puking all day I didn’t want James around him. I started to go home but Cole threw a fit and wanted to go to day care. I started down the road to day care. Just before we turned in I gave him one more chance, home or day care, Home he says. So on our way home we went. He laid on the couch and watched shows on PBS. He wasn’t too mopey but not much of an appetite. He ate a cheese stick and drank some juice. He remembered the last time he threw up he did it into his juice so didn’t want to have juice. I reassured him there was a lid on his cup so we were ok. A little later he wanted apple sauce. Gave him some. Knock at the door. Intermountain Gas wanting money or they are turning it off. I ask if we can have another day or two. No but he can give me til 3:00. It’s 12:45. Call David and have to drive a check out to him to sign. (long story why I can’t and am not on the account) It’s across town. Load Cole up and stop to get James. He’s sleeping, finally. So I’ll get him on the way home. Grandma asks Cole it he wants to stay. I think it’s a good idea but he doesn’t. 4 year old wins. He runs around the back yard. I think he’s feeling better. We get about half way to David’s work. Mommy I’m going to throw up. Ummm! Ok!! I’m no where to get pulled over. Nothing in the van. I was going to bring the little trash can but forgot to grab it. He erupts. Cheese, apple sauce and grape juice revisit. I had James diaper bag in the van but somehow Cole’s change of clothes is not in there anymore. We make it to David’s and I strip him down in the parking lot to his undies. I then remember I did have Wal-Mart bags in the diaper bag. Wish I had remembered before. So stick his clothes in that. It’s all over his booster seat cushion. Strip that off. He’s just in a booster seat now. So it got all over the seat belt to the van. Under his seat. I wash his face and hands in the bathroom at the shop. He’s wandering in his undies and shoes. There goes Mom of the Year. Head home. Didn’t pick James up since Cole was in no clothes and I really wanted to get the van cleaned up. He watches a movie and I work on getting the van cleaned up. Did pretty well except can’t seem to get the smell out of the seat belt and it’s not like you can take it out and wash it. I have had Febreeze and Oxyclean suggested to me and will be trying BOTH! By this time it’s 3:00 and the gas man is supposed to come back. I wait and wait and wait some more. It’s 4:00. Had wanted to get James early but I knew as soon as I left that’s when the gas man would show. As I was getting ready to call Grandma, she calls me and asks if I want him. Sure. J Drops him off. Gas man never shows!! After telling me he can’t give me another day. He never shows! He acted like he was doing me a favor by waiting til 3:00. Anyway, David paid it by phone when he got home. Guess it was good thing I was home or it would have been shut off. Life is never dull in my house!

No comments: