Monday, July 26, 2010

Getting Closer....

to this little boy starting school. He keeps asking me when he gets to go to school. I tell him Aug 30, next month now. He later says so next week i start school? No next month. so next weekend? LOL! No next month. He's still working on the concept of time. He's still in a very challenging phase. I'm hoping it's the age. A typical conversation:
Me-"Cole quite driving your car on the wall please"
Cole-"It's not a car mom, it's a motorcycle."
Me (starting to fume)-" well quit driving it on the wall anyway"
Cole-"i'm not driving it, i'm racing it"
Me-"well quit putting it on the wall!"
Cole then lifts it a fraction of an inch off the wall looks at me and says "it's not on the wall anymore mom" Smarty Pants. This summer he has got to go on alot of field trips with his daycare. He's gone bowling a couple of times, gone to the zoo, the discovery center, the movies a couple of times and he has a picnic on Friday. He spends 2 days a week with Grandma and gets to do fun things there. He gets to go to the library and play on the computers there. He is a fun little boy. Some friends of ours gave us a box of VHS kids movies since they no longer have a VCR. Yep we still have working VCRs in our house. Old school baby! I put my old tv/vcr combo in the boys' room. There were about 5 Sponge Bob movies in the box. Cole is in heaven. Now he can watch them in his room. I swore I would never put a TV in my kids room but boy is it nice and we can watch a movie in the living room with minimal interruptions. I am starting to get excited about him going to school, sure i still have sentimental mom sadness but i think it is going to be fun!

No comments: