"The kids screaming, phone ringing Dog barking at the mailman bringing That stack of bills - overdue. Good morning baby how are you...Well, it's ok. It's so nice It's just another day in paradise. Well, there's no place that I'd rather be. Well, it's two hearts And one dream I wouldn't trade it for anything And I ask the Lord every night For just another day in paradise" Phil Vassar-"Another Day in Paradis
Monday, November 2, 2009
Long Time No Blog!
Hello! I has been quite a while since I have blogged! Let’s see here what has happened. James is almost 18 months! He talks up a storm. Some if it I can understand but most is gibberish. He is pretty good at getting his point across one way or another. He’s a climber! He eats just about anything. Loves raw onions. Whenever I cut them up I have to give him some. Onions pretty much go in all dinners since we have an abundance of them from the garden. James as also been accepted into the El Korah Shriners hospital in Salt Lake. My mother in law was told about a free screening a few weeks ago so we took him to that just too see what they said. He’s very bow legged and it isn’t getting any better. We brought it up at his 15 month check up. Dr did blood tests to check calcium levels and for Ricketts and some other things. They turned out fine and he said we’ll check back at this 2 year appt. That this usually clears up by then. That didn’t sit well with us but I was willing to watch him and if I got concerned I would take him back and insist on x-rays or something. So we took him to the free screening. And in a very brief exam they agreed that there was some deformity to his legs and would do further testing. They too said it could clear up on its own or he may need help but we wouldn’t know until they examined him more. I was shocked they took us! And am so very thankful! I think him being cute helped but that’s just me!! LOL! We get the next screening done in a couple of weeks and thanks to my mothering law calling around got us the last appt here at the Boise house. The exam is supposed to be about 2 hours long. I am so glad we don’t have to drive all the way to Salt Lake for such a short exam. If he needs shoes or braces we’ll need to go down for that. I can’t get over how NICE everyone was there. I was so close to tears the whole time! GOD BLESS THE EL KORAH SHRINERS!!!! I think that’s James in a nut shell! Cole has shot up like a little weed over the past few months. The other night he ate 2 whole hot dogs in a bun. Then was still hungry! We took him to the fair back in August and he could only ride very few rides because he was too short. 42 inches seems to be the number to hit and he was only 40 inches. So we told him he needs to grow 2 inches this year. I think he will hit that and possible exceed it! I’m glad too. I get kind of concerned with how little he is for his age. But he’s healthy. Can’t believe he turns 5 next month! Then off to kindergarten next year! *SNIFFLES* He’s turning in to quite the artist too. Every week I get stacks of projects from daycare and love it! He got to go on a field trip last week to a pumpkin patch. “we looked at scarecrows and got a pumpkin” was all I got from him on that trip! LOL! That kid can crack me up and make me want to pull my hair out in the span of 5 minutes! David and I are doing well. Doing our best to hang on through the tough economic times and it is TOUGH! David went hunting a couple weeks ago and no luck. All the Elk he saw were staring at him from behind the “No Hunting, No Trespassing” signs. Guess we have to buy our meat like everyone else. Hopefully I can get back and do more updates and post some pictures in the next few days. Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment